1 kg Carrots
1 litre Milk
1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
3/4 cup Water
3 tablespoons Ghee
2 tablespoons Raisins
2 tablespoons Almonds
2 tablespoons Pistachios
450 grams Sugar
* Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes. Blanch and shred the nuts.
* Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
* Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
* Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
* Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins.
* Mix well. Remove from heat and arrange in a serving dish. Garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.