1. 2 bowl - Rava (Semolina)
2. 2 bowl – Curd / Yogurt
3. 4 to 5 - Green chillies
4. ½ Inch – Ginger
5. 10 to 12 - Curry leaves
6. 3 to 4 – Coriander strands (chopped finely)
7. 1 tsp - pure ghee
8. ½ tsp - cooking soda
9. Salt for taste
1. Take Green chilies , Ginger , Curry leaves and grind together to make a paste.
2. Take Rava (Semolina) in a big bowl; add the paste, Ghee, Salt, Coriander and cooking soda.
3. Add Curd / Yogurt slowly to make a thick paste. You may not require two bowls.
4. Take idili maker. Apply oil to it.
5. Pour the prepared batter in the idili maker.
6. Steam for 15 min in a pressure cooker.
Or In microwave cook for 10 min on high.
7. Serve with Green chutney or it will taste good without chutney also.
Tips: cut the idili into thick stripes like French fires and fry it crispy. Eat with ketchup as fried idli . A bit oily but tasty snack. You can do this with left over idilies..
Cooking Time: 20min.
Preparation Time: 15 min.