Wednesday, 15 April 2009
Tandoori Chicken - Easy Way
1. Chicken legs or Breasts - 4 to 5 pieces
2. Lemon's juice - 1 big
3. Red mirchi powder - 3 to 4 Tsp
4. Yogurt - 4 to 5 Tbsp
5. Ground jeera powder- 1 to 2 Tsp
6. Garam masala- 1 Tsp
7. Turmeric - 1 Tsp
8. Ginger Garlic paste - 2 to 3 Tbsp
9. Dhania powder - 1 to 2 Tsp
10. Black pepper - 1 Tsp
1. Cut Chicken legs or Breasts where the chunk of the meat is maximum and give cuts.
2. Prepare a marinate :- Of big lemon's juice + red mirchi powder + salt.
Mix it well and rub it across the chicken so that the mixture percolates into the cuts. Now leave it for a while.
3. Prepare a separate marinate, using a spoon of yogurt for each piece of chicken + ground jeera powder + little bit of lime juice + garam masala + turmeric + ginger garlic paste + dhania powder + black pepper. Mix it well.
4. Add the chicken to the main marinate. Mix them well. Add a few drops of Oil. So that the marinate holds on to the chicken.
5. Keep an aluminum foil ready, rub the floor of the foil with a small chunk of salted butter and after placing the same in the oven, put the chicken on it and set the oven at 400 deg C.Let 1 side cook for 20 mins. Now place the chicken with the cooked side down.Let it cook for another 10 mins.
6. Ttake a pan and put 1 teaspoon oil on it. Let it spread.Transfer the cooked chicken from the oven on the pan One by One , cooking each side for few seconds.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 to 45 mins
TIP: Serve with longitudinally chopped onions.
And chaat masal/jaljeera masala sprinkled on the chicken.